Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We screwed up

Since all the focus has been on not breaking those vials, we just realized yesterday that we've been mixing up the WRONG dose of HMG. I was supposed to be injecting 150 units but instead have been doing 75.

The dilutent should be mixed into one vial of HMG, then added to the other until all of it dissolves completely. From Thursday through Sunday, we only mixed up one vial. My husband and I both now remember the nurse saying two vials, but we forgot.

So I fixed the dose last night and took the full HMG. It hurt a lot more going in and left a quarter-sized red welt around the injection site. It also seems like I have to press a lot harder to get it in.

I have to come clean with my doctor tomorrow and let him now I messed up. Maybe I'll blame it on my husband.

I also a blood test and ultrasound to look for follicles so they decide if my medicine needs to be changed for the next week.

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh! I hope you didn't mess up too badly.