Thursday, August 19, 2010

Results tomorrow but big plans regardless

I have my blood work first thing tomorrow morning and will get a call sometime in the afternoon with the results. I'm hopeful, but realistic. I haven't had any bleeding but I've been having cramps for several days. I keep expecting to see my period and feel like I'm playing peek-a-boo with my underwear every time I go to the bathroom.

But to head off any upsetting news, I have a plan that will at least ease some of the disappointment.

I mentioned on a previous post my GAP-BAG idea. Since IVF is the big time now, I'm treating myself to a few things, even though they'll seem silly to most people.

First, my bathroom is gross. My house was built in 1841 and I don't know when the bathroom was added, but it's been a few decades since it's been updated. Since we're not in a position to do major upgrades, I'm going to scrub the bathroom from top to bottom using some kind of cleaner that I'd avoid if pregnant. Sound fun? I'm actually looking forward to it.

Second, similar story with the windows. I've been wanting to clean them, inside and out, for a while but didn't want to tax myself. But with the dead bugs that are collecting outside the screens and the cat paw prints on the glass, it's time.

Third, I'm getting more highlights put in my hair. The cut, which was drastically short a year ago, is finally growing out to a length that's almost cute and I really like the blonde that's in it now. I've heard different opinions on whether you should avoid highlighting while pregnant, so if I'm pregnant, my roots will show. If not, I'm going dirty blonde.

Fourth, brown riding boots. Completely impractical since the only horse I've come close to in the past 15 years are on merry-go-rounds, but I really like them. I admit this decision may be Star Wars influenced. Everyone's wearing riding boots in the original trilogy, which I spent way too much time watching with Ryan this summer. There's just something about those boots.

3 comments:

  1. The signs sound promising :) My fingers are crossed. If not, definitelt time to indulge! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cramps are really good!!! Hoping you won't have to do all that cleaning... Thinking about you and your test!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really hoping for a BFP for you!! I like your plans though, I wish I had plans lined up as all I did was cry! I should have got myself a GAP-BAG. There is still time I guess!
    Keeping everything crossed for you!
    x

    ReplyDelete